Serving the Community
One of the main ways we connect with God and others at The Crossing is through our Community Connections Ministry. We look for opportunities to serve our community and the following is a list of ways we have or are continuing to serve our community. At the bottom you will find a section where you can share ideas for opportunities. Our future plans are as big as the needs and your imagination.
Annual Free Soccer Camp
- In an effort to love on our community and make fun opportunities available for children and their families we host a soccer camp that is free to elementary-aged students each year. This is a great time where children learn some basics about soccer and have fun in a very encouraging environment. We are blessed and thankful to have many of the local business and the Bulverde Youth Soccer Association partner with us to host this camp each summer at Jumbo Evans Park.
Annual Jumbo Evans Egg Hunt
- Each year on the Saturday of Easter weekend we do an enourmous Egg Hunt and cookout for the community on the soccer fields at Jumbo Evans Park. We love being a part of this community and being able to make fun family friendly events available for the community at no cost.
Holidays in the Hills
- On Friday after Thanksgiving The Crossing had the opportunity to serve our community. It was a beautiful freezing night and we were able to serve between 600 -700 hot cocoas and apple ciders while also giving out cookies.
Smithson Valley Tailgate Party
- For the final home game of the season we were able to hold a free tailgate party for the community. It was a great opportunity love on the community by being kind and giving away some free food.
Bill Brown Elementary’s Walk-A-Thon
- It was a great pleasure and day as we were able to serve the staff and children at the school where we are blessed to meet for services each Sunday. We had the privilage of providing breakfast for the volunteers and serving water for the students, teachers, and parents who walked during the day.
The Picnic Table Project for Rebecca Creek Elementary School
- Stained 14 picnic tables to be used for school and community gatherings
The Greenhouse Project for Arlon Seay Elementary School
- Make a walkway around an existing greenhouse, construct some benches, spread soil and clean up a future agriculture area
The Landscape Project for Specht Elementary School
- Make landscape with Black mulch, river rock and bed liner aka weed barrier
The Water and Service Project for Bulverde Youth Soccer Association at Jumbo Evans Sports Park
- Hand out bottled water, meet people, and serve by picking up trash at the area’s sports park for kids
Neighborhood Prayer Walks
- Walk through a pray for different neighborhoods and the people living there and at times leaving gifts and door hangers to let people know we prayed for them and about The Crossing